Southern fried tempeh sub
Does this sound like a bit of you? Mixing up your sandwich fillings with new and exciting things keeps your packed lunch much more appetising and interesting throughout the week.
* 3 slices of tempeh
* Small handful of red cabbage
* Pickled gherkins sliced
* Chipotle sauce
* 6 inch sub roll
* Slice of lime
* For the seasoning:
1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper.
1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin.
1/2 teaspoon ground mace.
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg.
1 teaspoon paprika.
1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper.
1 teaspoon ground ginger.
2 teaspoons crumbled dried basil.
1) Combine your spices for the tempeh coating in a bowl
2) Add a little oil to the spices and marinade the tempeh slices for a few mins before cooking
3) Add your tempeh slices to hot oil for a few mins each side, having your oil hot means the spices will be sealed in
4) Cut your sub lengthways and add your slices gherkins, cabbage, mayo and chipotle sauce to your liking
5) Once the tempeh is cooked on both sides add to your sub to eat right away or leave to cool and then wrap in your sandwich and leave in the fridge overnight for next days lunch!