Chinese 5 spice tempeh ramen with cabbage and mushrooms.
Ramen is a great spin on a winter warming soup, veg, stock and noodles with the addition of some 5 spice tempeh gives this a Christmas spiced feeling… Is it too early to mention Christmas?)
A 1 pan dish, ready in under 20 minutes and packed full of goodness.
Tempeh in chunks and marinated in Chinese 5 spice with a little oil
Ramen noodles, we used rice noodles but any will do
Savoy cabbage sliced
1/2 Inch ginger sliced
3 garlic cloves crushed
Vegetable low salt stock
Fresh red chilli sliced
1 Large carrot sliced
1) Add the ginger, garlic and chili to the stock and bring to the boil in a large saucepan
2) On a low heat bring to a simmer and then add your tempeh, mushrooms and any other veg you wish to have , the joy of Ramen is there are no set rules
3) Leave to gently simmer for 10 minutes
4) Add your noodles at the last minute, check your package first as rice noodles like in this recipe only take 3 minutes
5) Serve in a deep bowl and sprinkle with a little lime juice (optional)