Green Coconut Tempeh Curry
A gorgeous and simple recipe created by guest blogger @thesoulspoon.
This is a lovely warming curry for the winter months, only takes 30 mins to make and satisfies that curry craving!
- 3 tbsp mix of onion garlic and ginger and chilli
- 3 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- Head of Broccoli
- 2 peppers sliced into strips
- 1 courgette sliced into small to medium coins
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 cube vegetable stock
- Two handfuls of Cubed or ground Tempeh
- Handful of Fresh coconut chunks or dedicated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
In a food processor blend 2 onions, 2 cm ginger and half a chilli (add more if you want it spicy) together until they make a rough paste.
- In 1 tbsp coconut oil fry 3 tbsp of the onion mix (there may be some left over) on low to medium heat for a few minutes and keep stirring
- Add 3 tbsp of pre-made green Thai curry paste to the pan and keep stirring for a few minutes, be careful that it doesn’t burn
- Then add the coconut milk, honey, lemon juice and stir in half a cube of vegetable stock. Let this simmer for 10 mins at least so the flavours lock in
- Add the prepared veg, Tempeh and coconut and let simmer for a few minutes until the veg has cooked to your liking
- Season to taste, serve with rice, fresh chopped coriander and desiccated coconut on top.