A simple and gorgeous recipe from guest blogger @thesoulspoon.
These are the ultimate comfort wraps, the sweet veg, mellow tones of Tempeh and the creaminess of avo make it the perfect combo for a quick lunch or dinner.
Makes enough for 3-4 Wraps.
20 minutes prep and cooking time.
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 small red onions chopped
- 2 red peppers chopped/sliced
- 1 courgette chopped/sliced
- 1 Juice of a lemon
- 1 lime (or lemon if preferred)
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp salt (add to taste)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsps paprika powder
- Handful coriander chopped
- 1-2 Tsp chilli flakes
- Handful of Ground Tempeh (which has been marinated before hand, recipe below)
- 1 chopped avocado for serving
Tempeh Marinade: A handful of cubed or ground Tempeh - I marinated the Tempeh in 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp honey, a drizzle of olive oil for 15 minutes before frying it gently in 2 tsps coconut oil for 5-10 minutes.
1. Melt the coconut oil in a pan on low to medium heat.
2. Add the onions to the pan, let these simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the garlic and stir to make sure it doesn't burn.
4. After a minute add the peppers, courgette and cook (stir often)
5. Add the mayonnaise, paprika, lemon juice (of 1 lemon) and salt and stir in
6. Cook this for around 5-10 minutes depending on how soft you want the vegetables to be and how large the strips of vegetables are
7. Once the heat has been turned off, add the 3/4 of the parsley and stir in. Leave the last bit for garnishing.
8. Serve the vegetable mix in a wrap of your choice with a chopped avocado and a squeeze of lime, some chilli flakes if desired, and some fresh parsley