Crispy Tempeh Rashers
If you are new to Tempeh then this is definitely the recipe to try, there are many recipes out there for smokey tempeh slices but this is one of our favourites. We aren't ashamed to say we make this a few times a week here at Impulse HQ!
Approx 4 slices per person per serving.
20 minutes prep and cooking time.
- 1 Block of tempeh (or 4 slices from a block if serving 1)
- 1 Jar of tomato and herb marinade (bought or homemade)
- Coconut oil
1. Slice tempeh into 1/2 cm thick slices
2. Coat generously with the marinade on both sides
3. Leave in the fridge to marinade for an hour or overnight, you can fry straight away for a slightly less strong flavour
4. Heat up a large frying pan
5. Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil on low to medium heat
6. Add in your slices and fry for a couple of minutes on each side
7. Serve in a sandwhich, on a salad or add to any pasta, rice or spaghetti dish, the possibilities are endless!