A firm favourite here at Impulse Tempeh HQ made by our own Anita.
Serves 4 - 6. 1hr 20 minutes prep and cooking time.
- 2 blocks of classic original tempeh (herb and garlic also work well)
- 1 medium sized jar of pasta sauce of your liking i.e passata
- 1 medium sized jar of creamy lasagne sauce
- 6 sheets of fresh pasta or any of preference
- Chopped peppers, courgette, aubergine or any veg of your liking or keep it simple with just tempeh
- Grated cheese for topping, optional
1. Pour the lasagne sauce into a large pan
2. Heat gently for 2 - 3 mins and turn your oven on to 180 to get warmed up
3. Whilst the sauce is heating chop or crumble the tempeh till it resembles mince, add chopped tempeh to the sauce and leave to marinade for 30 mins, Add in your chopped veg now if you are using any
4. Turn up the heat and simmer the tempeh and sauce for 20 mins
5. Grab a roasting dish roughly 18 x 24 cm
6. Cover the base with the tempeh / tomato sauce, followed by cream sauce and then lasagne sheets
7. Repeat this process till you have used all ingredients, top with grated cheese if you are using it
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 30-35 mins.