TLT Baguette (Tempeh Lettuce Tomato)
A simple recipe based on a much love classic, the BLT! Here we have the TLT (Tempeh Lettuce Tomato) as created by the talented @Aaroncaldervegan.
Makes enough for 2 Baguettes..
20 minutes prep and cooking time.
Recipe, adjust to your liking, we have put a sample recipe below but if you can add or take away as you please!:
- 2-3 tbsp Smoked paprika
- Generous splash of soy sauce of tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1 Block of Tempeh (classic plain)
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- Liquid smoke (optional)
- Oil for cooking
- Baguette and salad options of choice (Lettuce, onion, tomato, mayo, sriracha, cheese etc)
Slice your tempeh into 1/2cm thick slices, soak in the marinade for 10 mins before cooking, just enough time to get your favourite sandwich fillings together.
1. Melt the oil in a frying pan and pop your tempeh in and cook on both sides for 2-3 mins till browned.
2. Add your salad options to your baguette and add your tempeh slices and VOILA!
3. Here we have Aaron serving with a side of chips, no sugar ketchup and a simple side salad.