Tempeh pizza base
Pizza base made solely out of tempeh? yes, that's right and its simple and easy to make and full of protein and gluten free which makes it a much healthier pizza base option!
Try whipping this up yourself, tag us in any of your tempeh creations with @impulsetempeh and you can be featured here on our website!
Makes enough for 1 pizza base
- 200g Classic tempeh crumbled in a food processor
- 2-4 tbsp mixed herbs, oregano, basil, Italian mix and dried garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- mix altogether in a food processor until it forms into a ball
1.In a food processor blend up the whole block of tempeh with the dried herbs and any additional spices, add a little oil till it forms a ball and cleans the processor.
2. Gather the tempeh and push out flat onto a pizza tray or stone.
3. Place in a preheated oven at 180 for 10-15 mins, turning at half time to ensure both sides cook crisply.
4. Pre cook your courgettes and any other hardy veg such as peppers beforehand, add your sauce and chilli paste to the base, fresh basil, veg and your cheese toppings as desired.
5. Place back in the oven for 10 mins.