Raspberry & Tempeh 'Protein' Cupcakes
Getting creative with Tempeh is so rewarding, once you start the options really are endless on what you can create, putting it in your everyday foods for that extra protein boost is really beneficial.
Makes enough for 12 cup cakes.
- 200g classic original tempeh
- 110g butter, softened at room temperature.
- 110g caster sugar.
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 110g self-raising flour.
- 1-2 tbsp milk.
- 1 Cup raspberries
1. Using a simple standard cup cake recipe, you can exchange the sugar for agave or coconut sugar or alternative etc. Whisk the butter and sugar together till well mixed.
2. Add in the eggs and mix again with the vanilla extract.
3. Add the milk and mix gently then fold in the flour.
4. Crumble the tempeh and bake in the oven for 15 mins on a low heat just to dry out a little. Once cooled add the tempeh and the raspberries to the mix and fold gently right before putting into the cup cake cases.
5. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 for 15 mins or until a cocktail stick comes out clean.