Hoisin is usually what you would associate with Chinese food not tempeh but these flavours are a match made in heaven! Tempeh is the perfect carrier of flavour and loves to be marinated so give this really quick and simple recipe a go and let us know what you think @impulsetempeh.
- 200g Classic tempeh cut into cubes
- Hoisin Sauce (we used @Bluedragon)
- 1 Organic courgette spiralised into courgetti noodles
- 1 tbsp butter or vegan butter
- 2 cloves of garlic mashed
1. heat a large frying pan and add a little oil, when hot add the cubed tempeh and once it is all crispy on all sides remove from the heat and pour over a generous serving of the hoisin sauce.
2. Using the same frying pan, wipe out any excess oil and add a little water
3. Add the courgetti noodles, garlic and the butter and cook for 3 mins till soft
4. Serve your hoisin tempeh with rice, veg and any sides you wish, we also added organic homegrown beetroot, fresh basil and spring onion! Super quick and super simple.