Mexican quinoa tempeh and bean salad.
We are big fans of the @minimalistbaker here at Impulse Tempeh HQ! So in honour of our appreciation for them we have come up with a slightly amended version of their 'Mexican quinoa salad with orange and lime dressing' and made our own 'Mexican Quinoa Tempeh and Bean Salad.'
Raspberry & Tempeh 'Protein' Cupcakes
Getting creative with Tempeh is so rewarding, once you start the options really are endless on what you can create, putting it in your everyday foods for that extra protein boost is really beneficial.
Makes enough for 12 cup cakes.
- 200g Classic tempeh lightly fried in oil with cumin, garlic and chili powder
- 5-6 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (red or white)
- 1/2 cup fresh or canned corn
- 1 cup cooked kidney beans (seasoned with equal pinches sea salt, cumin, chili, + garlic powder)
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1/2 ripe avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coridander, chopped or torn
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 large lime, juiced (~4 Tbsp)
- 3 Tbsp orange juice
- 1-2 tsp sweetener of choice (we used maple syrup)
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder (or sub extra hot sauce or chipotle powder)
- Healthy pinch each sea salt and black pepper
- optional: 1 Tbsp fresh minced coriander
- 3-4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
1.First chop and marinade your tempeh and cook lightly in the oil
2. Gather all ingredients together for the salad and place in a large bowl
3. Place all the dressing items in a blender or use a hand blender to mix together and then pour onto your dressing and add the cooked tempeh and mix together
4. Sprinkle with fresh coriander to serve.