Polenta crusted tempeh chips
If you're looking for a crowd pleaser with a refreshing crunch then look no further than this delicious snack. A polenta crusted tempeh chip with a vegan lemon mayo dip.
- 200g tempeh, sliced into chips
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup polenta
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Sunflower oil for frying
- Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
1) Slice the tempeh and soak in the soy milk, preferably overnight if not for as long as possible.
2) Add the polenta and flour and spices together and roll the tempeh in the mix.
3) Heat up a large frying pan with oil and cook each chip for a few minutes each side till crispy.
4) Mix the mayo with a little lemon juice and serve.