Marinated tempeh with a mustard mayo dressing
When life gives you lemons you must immediately use the zest and the juice and make marinated tempeh, throw in some fresh garlic and onion and you have a summer fresh recipe.
- 200g tempeh, sliced into chunks
- 1 large white onion
- 1 whole lemon, juice and zest
- 3-5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard - french
- 6 tbsp mayo (vegan or other)
1) Cut your tempeh and add to a bowl with the cut onion, lemon juice, zest and garlic, stir well, cover and place in the fridge to marinate ideally overnight or for as long as possible.
2) For this dish we served the tempeh with some wheat free pasta and a simple sauteed courgette and carrot salad, (grated carrot and chopped courgette with a little stock sauteed in a pan for 6-8 mins stirring throughout.
3) To make the dressing combine the mayo and mustard and add a little olive oil if you want it a little runnier
3) Heat up a griddle pan or frying pan and add your marinated tempeh and cook till it starts to become crispy on all sides, serve with the pasta, salad and sauteed veg and drizzle your dressing on top.