Roasted sweet potato and tempeh salad.
Roasted sweet potato and tempeh salad with toasted pine nuts, carrot, cucumber with a caper, lemon and mayo dressing. Sounds good to us and tasted even better!
* 200g tempeh (any flavour - sliced)
* 1 Small roasted sweet potato per person chopped
* Salad leaves
* 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
* 1 Carrot
* 1/2 Cucumber
* 1/2 Avocado
* Balsamic drizzle
* 1 tbsp Capers
* 2 tsp Lemon juice
* Vegan mayo
1) Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the tempeh slices on both sides for roughly 3 mins each
2) In a pre-heated oven add your potato chunks with a little oil to a try and cook till tender for roughly 30 mins
3) Wash and add your salad leaves to a large bowl
4) Slice your avocado in half and add 1/2 per serving
5) Slice 1 large carrot and 1/2 cucumber into chunks and add to your salad
6) Heat a small dry pan and add your pine nuts and toast gently, keep an eye on them because they burn quickly!
7) drizzle your salad with a little balsamic glaze and mix
8) in a small bowl add the capers, lemon and vegan mayo and mix, add a little water or oil if its too thick and drizzle on your salad with your tempeh slices and serve.