Chinese 5 spice tempeh
A simple dish like a stir fry can be transformed into a taste sensation by adding some #organic #tempeh smothered in Chinese 5 spice and lightly fried.
This is a must if you haven't tried it yet!
1) 1 x block Impulse Tempeh
2) 2 tbsp Chinese 5 spice
2) 2 tbsp olive oil
3) Black rice noodles - serving per person
4) Stir fry veg of your choice, we used courgette, carrot, bean sprouts, pepper & cauliflower leaves
1) Preheat a frying pan with a little oil
2) lightly brush your tempeh (cut into strips) with olive oil and sprinkle with Chinese 5 spice
3) Add your tempeh to the frying pan and crisp on both sides for a few minutes each
4) set aside and using the same pan add your stir fry veg on a high heat tossing regularly
5) Heat a small pan with water and add your black rice noodles and cook as per directions - they only take a few minutes
6) Once everything is cooked, turn down the heat and toss in the noodles and tempeh and sprinkle with some extras, we added toasted nuts and fresh coriander!