Spelt Pasta with Tempeh and Aubergine
Spelt pasta & aubergine sauce with grilled tempeh. 🌱🍆 We added fresh rocket for a spicy kick which works so well with the Smokey aubergine, tempeh and nutty spelt.
1 x Block of tempeh sliced - 1 block = serving for 2 ppl.
1) Spelt pasta - you can use whatever pasta you like - serving as per pack
2) 1 whole aubergine
3) 2 tbsp olive oil
4) 1 clove of garlic
5) Fresh rocket
6) black pepper
7) salt to taste
8) 1/2 pint stock
9) non dairy milk
1) Slice your tempeh and brush with a little oil and leave to one side
2) Heat a griddle pan on a medium heat
3) Add your aubergine to the griddle pan and turn until is it charred on the outside and deflated
4) Add the aubergine middle, the garlic, olive oil, pepper and salt to a blender and blend together
5) Slowly add a little of the stock and milk to make a thick creamy sauce
6) set sauce aside and in a large pan add your pasta and cook according to the instructions
7) Drain your pasta and toss in with the sauce
8) Griddle your tempeh till crispy on both sides, we added a little extra stock for the tempeh to soak up for extra flavour!
9) Serve together with some fresh cracked black pepper and spicy baby rocket leaves