Tempeh, Ginger, Turmeric Dahl
It's started to feel chilly so we've made this tempeh dhal to keep in the fridge and keep us warm till the sun decides to make an appearance again!
The joy of a dahl is that you can add much heat and veg as you want and the addition of our nutrient packed impulse tempeh is that extra bonus!
Prep & Cook time: 30-45 mins
DOWNLOAD PDF HERE
* 200g Block impulse Tempeh
* 1 white onion, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups red lentils
* Thumb sized piece of ginger, cut into matchsticks
* 2 tsp turmeric
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
* 2 tsp mild curry powder
* 1 tsp miso paste
* 1 tin chopped tomatoes
* 1 tin coconut milk
* 2 tbsp yogurt (we used alpro soya unsweetened)
1) Add the lentils, garlic, soy or tamari, curry powder, miso paste, onion, ginger, turmeric, chopped tomatoes and coconut milk together in a large saucepan.
2) Slowly bring to a boil and add the diced tempeh and turn down the temp and simmer for for 15 mins
3) Keep stirring gently, not to break up the tempeh and keep the lentils from sticking, add a little water or stock if needed
4) Add the yogurt and cook for a further 5 mins
5) Serve with fresh coriander and fluffy flatbreads