Tempeh Avocado Brownies
It's fair to say that brownies are DELICIOUS! hot or cold, served on their own or with fruit or ice cream, that's why we have created a high protein brownie using our Organic Impulse Tempeh as one of the core ingredients. Great for a post workout treat, a grab and go breakfast or an afternoon pick me up treat. This recipe makes 16 servings
* 200g Tempeh, Crumbled
* 2 Small Avocados (or one large)
* 3 Cups Almond Flour or regular flour
* 1/4 Tsp Salt
* 1/2 Tbsp Baking Soda
* 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
* 2 Large Eggs or egg replacer if making vegan
* 2 Tsp Vanilla
* 1 Tbsp Espresso Powder
* 1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
* 1 Cup Sugar or alternative sweetener
* 1 Cup Almond Milk (or your choice of milk)
* Dark Chocolate for shavings (optional)
* Sift together the almond flour, sugar (unless using liquid sweetener and then add it to the avocado mix), cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
* In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, avocado, tempeh and vanilla using a fork.
* Pour the avocado mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Combine.
* Stir in the Almond Milk.
* Grease a baking dish or line with greaseproof paper. Pour the brownie batter into the pan and spread evenly.
* Bake 25-30 minutes. **Use the toothpick method to determine if it's done!
* Once the brownies have cooled, use a knife to shave the chocolate over the brownies. (about 1-2 tablespoon, optional)