Tempeh Risotto with Roast Squash and Chestnuts
Spring may well be on it’s way but we are still enjoying these warming, comfort dishes with our organic tempeh, creamy risotto and crunchy chestnuts! Here’s how to make your own…
200g Tempeh - diced
1 tbsp Oil
400ml Plant based milk
1 Medium butternut squash, roasted
1/2 courgette, diced
150g Risotto rice
2 Onions, diced
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp Sage leaves
1/2 Cup Vaccum packed chestnuts, roughly chopped
800ml Veg stock
2 tbsp Nutritional yeast
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp Pumpkin seeds, toasted
2) Add 1/2 of the sage leaves and the tempeh and roast for a further 10 mins. Meanwhile make the stock and leave to infuse.
3) In a large frying pan heat a little oil, and cook the onions and courgette till they start to soften. Add the rice and mix together for a few minutes, continuously stirring.
4) Gradually add the stock, about halfway through add the garlic, chestnuts and rest of the sage and stir well.
5) Slowly add the milk, nutritional yeast, seasoning and the tempeh and squash pieces and stir gently to combine. It is ready when the rice is cooked (about 20 mins)
6) Before serving, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of nooch!